If you’re planning to transport your Tesla, there are a few important steps you should take to ensure that it is properly prepared for transportation:
- Clean the Car: Before transporting your Tesla, give it a thorough cleaning inside and out. This will help prevent dirt and debris from scratching the car’s exterior during transport. Remove any personal belongings from inside the car and secure all loose items.
- Document Pre-Existing Damage: Take photos of your Tesla before transport to document any pre-existing damage or scratches. This will help you verify the condition of the car before and after transport.
- Secure the Charging Cable: If you’re transporting an electric Tesla, make sure the charging cable is securely fastened to the charging port. If the cable is not properly secured, it could damage the car during transport.
- Lower the Suspension: If you have a Tesla Model S or Model X, it’s important to lower the suspension before transport to ensure adequate ground clearance. This can help prevent damage to the car’s undercarriage during transport.
- Turn off Sentry Mode: If you have Sentry Mode enabled, be sure to turn it off before transport. Sentry Mode uses the car’s cameras to monitor its surroundings and can drain the battery if left on during transport.
- Notify the Transportation Company: Provide the transportation company with the Tesla’s exact dimensions, weight, and any special handling instructions, such as if the car has a low ground clearance or if it requires a specific type of transport.
- Confirm Insurance: Verify that the transportation company has the necessary insurance coverage to transport your Tesla.
By taking these steps to prepare your Tesla for transportation, you can help ensure that it arrives at its destination safely and securely. It’s always a good idea to work with a reputable transportation company, such as HBTransit Logistics, to ensure that your Tesla is transported by experienced professionals who specialize in Tesla transportation.Get a Free Instant Quote