Preparing a motorcycle for shipment involves several steps to ensure it arrives at its destination safely and undamaged. Here are the basic steps:
- Clean the motorcycle thoroughly: Before shipment, clean the bike thoroughly, removing any dirt, dust, or debris that may cause scratches or damage during transportation.
- Inspect the motorcycle: Inspect the motorcycle for any visible damage, including scratches, dents, or other signs of wear and tear. Document any pre-existing damage before shipping to ensure that the transport company is aware of any issues.
- Remove any accessories: Remove any accessories or personal items from the motorcycle, including bags, helmets, or any loose items that could be lost or damaged during shipping. Also, detach any mirrors, antennas, or other fragile components.
- Drain fluids: Drain the fuel tank and oil reservoir, as shipping companies usually prohibit the shipment of vehicles with fuel or oil.
- Disconnect the battery: Disconnect the battery and remove it from the motorcycle to prevent any electrical issues or potential short-circuits during transport.
- Secure the motorcycle: Use straps or chocks to secure the motorcycle in place and prevent any movement during transport. You may also consider covering the bike with a protective cover to prevent any damage from dust or debris during shipment.
- Provide documentation: Provide the transport company with all the necessary documentation, including proof of ownership, registration, and insurance, before shipping your motorcycle.
By following these steps, you can prepare your motorcycle for shipment and ensure that it arrives safely and undamaged at its destination.Get a Free Instant Quote